BARN Spring Sampler offers tours and demonstrations – Free family-friendly event on Sunday April 30, 1 to 4 PM
Explore Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN) in this fun, free open house, and discover what’s possible! Visitors can take a self-guided tour of all10 BARN studios, meet artisans in action, watch live demonstrations, and participate in hands-on activities. Sign up today at https://BainbridgeBARN.org/Sampler to save a time slot – it’s free!
- Electronic & Technical Arts: Watch a robotics battle in action
- Fiber Arts: Try your hand at weaving on a loom and see the new embroidery machine
- Glass Arts: See a demonstration of lampworking (marble- and bead-making) and examples of fused and stained glass
- Kitchen Arts: Try some fresh pasta and watch the new power pasta extruder in action
- Woodworking: Volunteers will demonstrate hand carving and some of the many tools in the woodshop, including the wood lathes
- Metal Fabrication: Bending, shaping and cutting sheet metal, and machining tool demonstrations
Join BARN to celebrate a new season and find out what you can make!
Please register for your desired time slot at BainbridgeBARN.org/Sampler. BARN is limiting the number of people at one time to ensure better access to demonstrations.
BARN is located at 8890 Three Tree Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA.
This is a free event, but registration is required to reserve a time slot. Parking is available onsite.
BARN is a makerspace and learning place on Bainbridge Island. Their mission is to grow and inspire a creative community through craft, learning, and service.
To accomplish that mission, BARN
- Maintains a well-equipped facility with a variety of craft studios
- Offers access to all the studios for members as well as the public
- Offers classes and events that increase the ability of participants to learn and expand their skills
- Supports other non-profit organizations through its community service work using their core competencies
BARN includes artisan studios in the following disciplines: Electronic & Technical Arts, Fiber Arts, Glass Arts, Jewelry & Fine Metals, Kitchen Arts, Media Arts, Metal Fabrication, Print & Book Arts, Woodworking & Small Boat Building, and Writers. To learn more visit BainbridgeBARN.org.
SOME OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Youth Maker Mondays — The last Maker Monday series of after-school classes starts May 1. Find more info here: https://bainbridgebarn.org/youth
- Ars Poetica: An exhibit in the BARN Commons that celebrates the intersection of words and art. BARN writers wrote poetry to inspire other BARN artists. The resulting work is on display beginning 4/21 and running through June. There’s a reception tomorrow, learn more here: https://bainbridgebarn.wildapricot.org/event-5143694
- Summer Youth @ BARN: In 2023 their programs will run for five weeks, from July 10 – August 10.
- This year we have over 60 sessions, Monday – Thursday, for kids ages 8 – 18. Options for a supervised lunch hour are also available.
- Download printable PDF at-a-glance schedule
- See classes at https://bainbridgebarn.org/summer/
Check our previous articles on BARN:
Giovanni Strohmenger: How Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN) brought me closer to our island community. | THE ISLAND WANDERER
Discovering BARN – Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network | THE ISLAND WANDERER
If you’d like to read more articles from The Island Wanderer Blog website, click here, to subscribe to The Island Wanderer Blog, click here.
ADVERTISE WITH US! We offer exceptional rates and packages for advertisers, to learn more, contact us at Contact Us | THE ISLAND WANDERER