Explore Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN) in this fun, free open house, and discover what’s possible! Visitors can take a self-guided tour of all10 BARN studios, meet artisans in action, watch live demonstrations, and participate in hands-on activities. Sign up today at https://BainbridgeBARN.org/Sampler to save a time slot – it’s free!
- Electronic & Technical Arts: Watch a robotics battle in action
- Fiber Arts: Try your hand at weaving on a loom and see the new embroidery machine
- Glass Arts: See a demonstration of lampworking (marble- and bead-making) and examples of fused and stained glass
- Kitchen Arts: Try some fresh pasta and watch the new power pasta extruder in action
- Woodworking: Volunteers will demonstrate hand carving and some of the many tools in the woodshop, including the wood lathes
- Metal Fabrication: Bending, shaping and cutting sheet metal, and machining tool demonstrations
Join BARN to celebrate a new season and find out what you can make!
Please register for your desired time slot at BainbridgeBARN.org/Sampler. BARN is limiting the number of people at one time to ensure better access to demonstrations.
BARN is located at 8890 Three Tree Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA.
This is a free event, but registration is required to reserve a time slot. Parking is available onsite.
BARN is a makerspace and learning place on Bainbridge Island. Their mission is to grow and inspire a creative community through craft, learning, and service.
To accomplish that mission, BARN
- Maintains a well-equipped facility with a variety of craft studios
- Offers access to all the studios for members as well as the public
- Offers classes and events that increase the ability of participants to learn and expand their skills
- Supports other non-profit organizations through its community service work using their core competencies
BARN includes artisan studios in the following disciplines: Electronic & Technical Arts, Fiber Arts, Glass Arts, Jewelry & Fine Metals, Kitchen Arts, Media Arts, Metal Fabrication, Print & Book Arts, Woodworking & Small Boat Building, and Writers. To learn more visit BainbridgeBARN.org.
SOME OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Youth Maker Mondays — The last Maker Monday series of after-school classes starts May 1. Find more info here: https://bainbridgebarn.org/youth
- Ars Poetica: An exhibit in the BARN Commons that celebrates the intersection of words and art. BARN writers wrote poetry to inspire other BARN artists. The resulting work is on display beginning 4/21 and running through June. There’s a reception tomorrow, learn more here: https://bainbridgebarn.wildapricot.org/event-5143694
- Summer Youth @ BARN: In 2023 their programs will run for five weeks, from July 10 – August 10.
Check our previous articles on BARN:
ADVERTISE WITH US! We offer exceptional rates and packages for advertisers, to learn more, contact us at Contact Us | THE ISLAND WANDERER