Kick Off Spring with KiDiMu’s FAM JAM on March 25th from 10am–2pm and Adults-Only Mini-Golf Fundraiser from 6pm-9pm
Join KiDiMu and their community partners for FAM JAM 2023 – a fun street fair style family-focused event to kick off spring! Kids, grab your adults and head down to the museum for a day of activities, great music, street tacos and more.
- 10am – 2pm TOUCH A TRUCK – the Bainbridge Island Police and Fire Departments will be on hand to let you explore their vehicles, as well as a PacWesty Van, Kitsap Towing trucks, Bloedel Reserve’s “fancy” Polaris, and Bainbridge Disposal’s garbage truck.
- 10am – 2pm HANDS-ON ART AND SCIENCE ACTIVITIES – Family mural project – Thumbprint drawings Ed Emberley style with Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (BIMA) – Battle Point Astronomical Association (BPAA) will have telescopes to look through and a slideshow of JWST images – Seed bomb making – Carnival like games – and much more!
- 10am – 2pm FEATURED COMMUNITY PARTNERS – wide array of community partners will be either leading activities or providing information about their services (see below for a list of contributors to date)
- 10am – 2pm STREET TACOS & MORE – Erika Thayer’s Taco Barn will be on hand with quesadillas, hot dogs, and pretzels for purchase
- 10:30am THE BAINBRIDGE ISLAND ROPESKIPPERS will have a short performance followed by rope turns for kids and lessons in turning and skipping rope.
- 11am – 11:30am STORYTIME WITH KITSAP REGIONAL LIBRARY – Presented by Isla Soto, Bainbridge Public Library’s Youth Services Librarian
- 12pm – 12:45 LIVE MUSIC by HARMONICA POCKET
- 1pm ERIKA WILL LEAD A SCIENCE EXPERIMENT
Community Partners (to date): Kitsap County Parent Coalition – Bainbridge Island Museum of Art – Multicultural Advisory Council – Bainbridge Island Metro Park and Recreation District – Battle Point Astronomical Association – Kitsap Regional Library Bainbridge Branch – Kitsap Public Health District – Kitsap County Accessible Communities Advisory Committee – Arts & Humanities Bainbridge – BI Ropeskippers – Harmonica Pocket (Music) – Bainbridge Island Police Department – Bainbridge Island Fire Department
The event will be held in the parking area behind the museum, parking is available in front of the museum and the underground garage.
AND FOR THE ADULTS
On the evening of March 25th, KiDiMu will transform into an adults-only Mini Golf party from 6 – 9pm.
DJ Jordan Pitre will set the background to a fun night including Filipino Flavors from Sauced and a charming mobile bar from Hitched.
Be prepared to be challenged by the unique nine-hole mini golf course and come ready to win some prizes in the various games. Wear your best mini-golf themed attire and snap a fun memory at their Photo Booth.
9 HOLES OF MINI GOLF
Putt in, over, and through the “Our Town” exhibits during a fun adults-only takeover of Kids Discovery Museum!
BE THE NEXT CHAMPION!
Turn in your scorecard after you complete the course to be our next KiDiMu Mini Golf Champion!
Enjoy music, food, and drinks in our upstairs “clubhouse”!
This is a fundraising event, for tickets, click here.
The museum itself, will be closed on Saturday, March 25th and Sunday, March 26th.
*Images and information provided by KiDiMu
If you’d like to read more articles from The Island Wanderer Blog website, click here, to subscribe to The Island Wanderer Blog, click here.
ADVERTISE WITH US! We offer exceptional rates and packages for advertisers, to learn more, contact us at Contact Us | THE ISLAND WANDERER