KiDiMu – Join them for their annual Noon Year’s Eve Party on Saturday, December 31st from 9am – 1pm! Welcome 2023 with science, crafts, and a very special countdown to noon! Make noisemakers, explore firework science, and share your wishes for the new year! Free with admission or membership, no pre-registration required.
THE MARKETPLACE / EARTH & VINE PRESENTS RING IN THE NEW YEAR “BAINBRIDGE STYLE” – Saturday, December 31st from 7-9pm – Local Surf Rock outfit, Ocean Men has been gathering a sizable regional following with their rugged surf originals and covers that will have you up on the dance floor. Harkening back to the classic 60’s sounds of Dick Dale, Ronny, and the Daytonas and the Astronauts, Ocean Men pays tribute, but also polishes the sound and makes it distinctly their own. This special New Year’s Eve party will be a jam-packed Malaguena guitar dueling, mai tai drinking, holiday cheer-filled party you won’t ever forget.
SKATING RINK AT PLEASANT BEACH VILLAGE – the rink is open through SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2022 – click here for hours and tickets.
WINTER OF WONDER – Presented by BLOEDEL RESERVE – through JANUARY 7th. Partnering with BARN and KiDiMu – an all-ages outdoor holiday event to explore the wonder of winter. Click here for times and tickets.
DON’T FORGET THE FOOD! Several Bainbridge Island restaurants are offering special New Year’s Eve coursed dining opportunities:
- Ba Sa– Serves up their famed favorites during regular service from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 31.
- Café Hitchcock– On Dec. 31 swing by for a casual party with festive specials like foie gras torchon brûlée and truffled beef carpaccio as well as a bubbles selection by the glass. The Bar will stay open late to ring in the New Year. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. New Year’s Day enjoy brunch at Café Hitchcock featuring all your favorites like the Deluxe Breakfast Sandwich, Avocado Toast, Huevos Rancheros, Smoke Salmon Bagel, and a selection of delicious Eggs Benedict specials.
- HiLife Poke – Serves up Kasuzuke Black Cod, Kalbi Short Ribs, Garlic Shrimp, and more throughout the day. They’re also taking pre-orders for New Year’s Eve sashimi platters. Check their site for the latest.
- Seabird – Fresh from being named one of America’s Best New Restaurants by Esquire magazine, join the Seabird team for an incredible luxe 8-course tasting menu including Truffle Risotto, Halibut Cheeks, Black Cod, Dungeness Crab, Maitake, and more. Dinner is $125 per person and $250 per person with wine pairings.
- Dinner-only reservations for 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. can be found here https://www.exploretock.com/seabird/event/private/d4ceb64d-c008-4473-93e6-52f86e0a458e
- New Year’s Eve Party reservations for 8 p.m. or 9 p.m. https://www.exploretock.com/seabird/event/private/a3bbd9de-cb3c-4d71-86c0-06c48883f799
- Via Rosa 11 – Is open for lunch service with incredible hand-cut pastas and woodfired pizzas from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 31.
Do you have family or friends visiting?
Look no further than any number of awesome short-term rentals and hotels on the island. Bainbridge Island’s Lodging Association is a great place to start. If you book two or more nights with any hotel or rental property through Jan. 31, you’ll receive a copy of the island’s treasured book, 30 Walks on Bainbridge Island, to help you access the incredible trails system. Be among the first 50 people to book a stay at The Marshall Suites through Jan. 31 and receive a two-piece box of coveted, island-made Bon Bon Candies fudge.
*Information courtesy of Visit Bainbridge and AHB’s Currents Online
ADVERTISE WITH US! We offer exceptional rates and packages for advertisers, to learn more, contact us at Contact Us | THE ISLAND WANDERER