Zoom Workshop: Finding Self-Fulfillment by Becoming Your Own Boss
In these trying times, many people have lost their jobs, or find themselves underemployed and underpaid. One possible solution? Become your own boss.
Jeff Levy, a small business advocate and the author of “Making the Jump – Into Small Business Ownership,” will be the guest presenter at Accelerate Kitsap’s Launch and Learn, from noon to 1:30 pm. on Thursday March 25th. Accelerate Kitsap is a Bainbridge Island non-profit.
The free event will be held online via Zoom. To register and receive a Zoom link visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/franchising-how-to-find-your-way-to-self-employment-tickets-145326779309
Levy’s experience includes participation in new technology companies, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, raising investment capital and coaching hundreds of startup ventures, including over 900 individuals, more than 320- plus who have become franchisees.
During his presentation, Levy will cover many of the following topics:
- Understanding what is and what is not a franchise
- Defining a positive relationship to the franchisor
- Laws and legal requirements that apply to franchising in Washington State and their implications to you
- Important criteria in choosing a franchise, what questions to ask and how to ask them
- Researching hints and tools
- A view into a method to segment franchises in six different categories
- A discussion on financing, legal, incorporation and preparation relating to a franchise award
- Adequate time left during and before the end of the talk to answer your specific questions
The presentation is designed both for individuals at the early stage of considering franchising as a career option and those actively considering a franchise but have not yet signed an agreement. Levy also has a wealth of knowledge of working and doing business in small business and corporate environments.
Accelerate Kitsap (https://acceleratekitsap.org/) is a recently relaunched non-profit organization, based on Bainbridge Island, and focused on providing education, information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs and emerging start-up and existing small businesses in Kitsap County and throughout West Puget Sound. The organization will be updating its web site and adding new board members in the months ahead.
*Images and logos used with permission