PAWSBINK of Bainbridge Island and North Kitsap (PAWSBINK is excited to return in person for its annual gala fundraiser while still offering a virtual option to ensure all supporters can attend. The annual PAWSBINK gala brings together animal lovers from around the region for entertainment, a live auction, and games—all to benefit a very worthy cause. The money raised at their annual gala helps fund the vital programs that PAWSBINK provides our community.
- Date: June 4, 2022, 5:30-9:00 p.m. (in-person) 7:00-8:30 p.m. (virtual)
- Where: Suquamish Clearwater Casino OR Online—Attendees’ Choice!
- Tickets: $150/each in person; $75/each virtual, http://pawsbink.org/paws-gala/
- Hotel packages at the Suquamish Resort are also available for the event, click here for details.
PAWS of Bainbridge Island and North Kitsap was founded in 1975 to advocate, educate, and provide direct services to nurture the bond between pets and their people.
Through education, awareness, and financial aid, PAWSBINK is realizing its vision of reducing pet overpopulation and the unnecessary euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals while facilitating responsible, caring relationships between people and their pets.
PAWSBINK is a professionally-managed, community-supported organization serving all North Kitsap communities. However, it’s with the support of the community and their volunteers, that the organization and their staff continue to thrive. As PAWSBINK volunteer Julie Richards explained, “In 2015 I adopted a wonderful young cat from PAWSBINK. She has been such a joy in my life, I wanted to somehow expand upon that happiness. I learned that I had friends coincidentally attached to the organization and now we’re a separate social group aside from our volunteer activities.”
“It’s the emotional connection with my pet and the community of others who feel the same about their pets. We want to provide the most compassion we can to these animals and their owners. We’re a smaller organization, so it is easier to see how your effort or financial donation is utilized and the benefit it provides,” Julie said.
Julie has been a member of the annual PAWSBINK Gala committee since 2016. The committee plans the event, procures sponsors and donations, manages the workflow and provides the legwork for all of the pieces that go into a large event such as this. “We enjoy each other, we have fun and we laugh…a lot!”
Supporters both in person and online are encouraged to embrace the “Beach PAWty” theme and wear tasteful beachgoing attire.
Here’s What to Expect
- Wags to Riches raffle: One lucky raffle winner will receive a package of lotto scratch tickets to try their luck and have a little fun.
- Fun & games (in person): Spin the wheel for fun prizes or try your hand at cornhole for a bottle of wine
- Live auction: Bid on a host of exciting prizes, including trips to Mexico, Maui, and Sedona.
- Silent auction: Attendees and non-attendees can bid online for fun, local goods and services.
- Great stories: See the impact of your donation dollars with heartwarming “tails” from some of the people and pets PAWSBINK has supported over the past year.
Services provided by PAWSBINK include adoption; veterinary financial aid; spay/neuter assistance; Pets and Loving Seniors (PALS), which places harder-to-adopt senior animals in the homes of limited-income senior adults, with food, litter, and veterinary care all provided by PAWSBINK; and the SafeHarbor program, providing free housing and care for pets of families in crisis, including hospitalization due to COVID-19.
The PAWSBINK gala would not be possible without the support of our sponsors: Brown Bear Car Wash, Winslow Animal Clinic, Port Gamble General Store, Oscar & Lily Richardson, Animal Emergency and Trauma Center, Susan Wiggs—Laugh-Cry-Dream-Read, Bainbridge Community Foundation, Aunty Min’s Specialized Pet Care, Poulsbo Animal Clinic, Jenny Coates Law, PLLC, Fairway Independent Mortgage—Team Dee, Town & Country Markets, Tender Touch Animal Hospital, Windermere Real Estate, Companion Animal Wellness Center, Day Road Animal Hospital.
To subscribe to The Island Wanderer Blog, click here.