Bainbridge Island 2020 Farmer’s Market Opens this Saturday, May 9, 2020
The Bainbridge Island Farmer’s Market is pleased to announce the opening of the new season, this Saturday, May 9th from 10am to 1pm. However, it’s important to know that a few things have changed:
- In past years, the market has opened every Saturday at 9am, please note that the new hours are now every Saturday from 10am to 1pm.
- Please be sure to wear your mask and practice social distancing while visiting the market.
- Please leave your puppies at home.
- The market will have limited vendors this year, and tables will be appropriately spaced apart, there will also be hand washing and hand sanitizer stations available.
- There will be controlled entry into the market to allow enough room for proper distancing, so please allow extra time for your visit, and be sure to distance properly while waiting for your turn to enjoy the market.
The market is located at Winslow Town Square, 280 Madison Avenue N, Bainbridge Island, WA
A little history about our wonderful farmer’s market:
In 1993 a handful of local farmers and artists got together on what is now Winslow Green for the first Bainbridge Island Saturday market. Although the market was modest in the beginning, it has grown in offerings and popularity, and currently features over 40 vendors, including live music and other periodic events**. The market is now held at Town Square in City Hall Park, just a short walk from the ferry terminal.
The market association provides and outlet for all Bainbridge Island farmers to sell their produce and is one of the few markets in the state where vendors do not pay a percentage of their profits, instead, vendors are only charged a modest booth fee which assists in offsetting marketing and advertising costs.
Although vendors will be limited this year, the market will still have an abundance of locally grown produce, plants, flowers, eggs, honey and wine, as well as artisan crafts, including wearables and jewelry, art glass, woodcraft, metal craft and garden art, paintings, pastries, pottery, and hot food items, click here for a full list of vendors.
**At this time, no market events are scheduled, for updates on future events, please follow them on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
*2020 Farmer’s Market poster created by local artist, Sarah Gordon, you can view her work at https://www.sarahgordondesign.com
*Images and content provided by Bainbridge Island Farmer’s Market